[Buildroot] Problems with udev buildroot

Heiko Helmle helman at gmx.net
Mon Aug 8 19:15:21 UTC 2011

Hello List,

I'm a bit new and I'm trying to build a small x86 buildroot with udev.

So far I just enabled building a pretty default .config (just enabled a kernel with i386 defconfig and set udev for /dev management).

Unfortunately on 2011.8rc1 and the latest git this doesn't work right:

---
unable to access '/sys//devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input2
/sbin/modprobe: invalid option -- b
--
then comes the busybox help for modprobe