[Buildroot] Adding package that builds Kernel Module (*.ko) to Buildroot environment

Aleksandar Zivkovic Aleksandar.Zivkovic at rt-rk.com
Thu Aug 4 06:30:21 UTC 2011

On request from Michael S. Zick question resend without attachment

Hi all,

I would like to add additional package to Buildroot that will build
Linux kernel driver.
For that I need:
- dependency: build of this package mustn't be started before kernel
source is available
- kernel source directory: currently, the best I know is:
$(BASE_DIR)/build/linux-$(BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_VERSION)

I started with package approach but bumped to stated dependency problem.
Next what I tried is to edit linux/linux.mk to include my driver source
download, extract. build and install but not so familiar with Buildroot
scripting...

Did somebody already done something similar? What is best approach?
Examples are welcomed...

Regards,

Aleksandar Zivkovic