[Buildroot] [RFC] Using AsciiDoc for the Buildroot manual

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Aug 5 08:22:51 UTC 2011

Le Fri, 05 Aug 2011 09:44:12 +0200,
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> a écrit :

>  Thomas> For the first part, I guess the "make release" target can be
>  Thomas> extended to generate the documentation and then include it into
>  Thomas> the tarball, but I think this is something to be discussed with
>  Thomas> Peter.
>
> Indeed. For releases I think atleast the text and single-html version
> should get included in the tarball.

So, should we extend the release to target to uncompress the tarball
after it has been generated by git archive, generate the documentation,
add it to the release directory, and re-create the tarball? Or is
there a better way?

> We also need to setup something with
> a git hook to regenerate (some of) the documentation on the server
> whenever any of the source files changes. Currently the website is
> simply a git checkout managed from cron on the server, and there's no
> asciidoc on the server, but presumably that's just a question about
> asking the osuosl.org guys for it.

In order to move forward on this, can we start discussing this with the
osuosl.org people?

> Well, so far I've only heard positive feedback, so I would say: Go for
> it!

Great!

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons