[Buildroot] [RFC] Using AsciiDoc for the Buildroot manual

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Aug 7 19:18:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

 >> Indeed. For releases I think atleast the text and single-html
 >> version should get included in the tarball.

 Thomas> So, should we extend the release to target to uncompress the
 Thomas> tarball after it has been generated by git archive, generate
 Thomas> the documentation, add it to the release directory, and
 Thomas> re-create the tarball? Or is there a better way?

I haven't looked in detail, but we can probably just use tar --append to
add the documentation afterwards.

 >> We also need to setup something with
 >> a git hook to regenerate (some of) the documentation on the server
 >> whenever any of the source files changes. Currently the website is
 >> simply a git checkout managed from cron on the server, and there's no
 >> asciidoc on the server, but presumably that's just a question about
 >> asking the osuosl.org guys for it.

 Thomas> In order to move forward on this, can we start discussing this
 Thomas> with the osuosl.org people?

Yes, I've already mailed them to get asciidoc installed and get control
over the website update cronjob.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard