[Buildroot] /run/udev missing ?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Aug 15 12:10:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

 >> Compared to udev, devtmpfs is very lightweight. I would recommend
 >> pure devtmpfs (no mdev/udev) to people using static /dev today.

 Sven> Well, we need udev to load the firmware of our Wifi module. Of
 Sven> course I can try to switch to dynamic device management, but I
 Sven> thought I'd rather point out that a setup broke that the
 Sven> buildroot configuration allows and that used to work.

 Sven> If this is not supposed to work, then it should probably be
 Sven> disallowed in the buildroot configuration. In other words, if
 Sven> udev is selected, static device management should not be
 Sven> selectable.

Ahh yes, good idea - Fixed in git.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard