[Buildroot] [RFC] Request for comments on branch for-2011.11/host-tools

Luca Ceresoli luca at lucaceresoli.net
Tue Dec 6 11:58:55 UTC 2011

Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a small set of patches implementing the recent discussion we
> had about exposing host utilities. It exposes host-uboot-tools and
> host-openocd into a new "Host utilities" main menu.
>
> This is just to see if this looks like something that matches what we
> discussed, and something that Peter would accept.

Both this patch set has and the underlying idea (see original thread at
http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2011-September/045939.html)
have been commented positively by some Buildroot users and developers,
and IIRC there was no NAK to the general idea.

Peter, are you considering these changes for mainline inclusion?

I would be happy to add host-u-boot-utils to the new menu once it's
merged.

Thanks,
Luca