[Buildroot] tutorial to extend buildroot?

vbr vbr vvvg77 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 01:47:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have set up my buildroot environment, built an external toolchain
(crosstool ng) with uClibc, and I understand how to add autotools-based
packages to buildroot. I committed buildroot source to my svn repo and most
of the tarballs that I needed which sit in the dl directory. Everything
works great!

Now I have private programs and libraries that I would want to add in
buildroot infrastructure too, but I don't want to add them in the form of a
tarball like other open-source tools and libraries. I just want to commit
the source code for each library and integrate their respective makefiles
(or create a new makefile for each of them to work) with buildroot. (no
tarball involved).

Does buildroot infrastructure/makefiles support that? Any guidelines or
examples?
I haven't found info regarding that question in the online documentation so
far.

Thanks
Vincent