[Buildroot] I have an issue with Qt running on top of X11can you please help

Alain-Serge Nagni alainsergenagni at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 14:48:20 UTC 2011

Hello,
  I built a system based on buildroot version 2011.11 for a user interface: I'm running X11 on the target. To have a nice look an feel it was decided to run Qt on top of X11. I was able to build the none embedded version of Qt and installed it on the target system.
 When I started the qtdemo application to make sure that things a working as expected, I had these error messages on the console:

QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv failed for BOM: Bad file descriptor
QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed
QIconvCodec::convertToUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed

On the application window, I could noticed that some texts were not displayed.

I did a check by running the same application on a desk top and the application run without any issue. All the texts appear fine.

Did anyone faced this issue? Do I need to activated an option in buildroot or maybe I need to build and install a module that is missing.

It looks likes the Unicode support is missing on the target? If it's the case how to provide that support on the target?

 I attached the buildroot config file to this email in case you need it.

Thanks for your help,
:-)