[Buildroot] Pre-RFC: clean integration of unclean packages

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Mon Dec 5 12:03:41 UTC 2011

On Monday 05 December 2011 12:13:48 Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> > Note that the same Makefile.ti is used for all ti packages.
>
> Could you gives us an idea of the contents of this file?
> Depending on its contents, this may be problematic: what if you update
> only one of the ti packages and it became incompatible with the
> existing Makefile.ti?
> But, if this Makefile.ti file is sufficiently general, I wouldn't be
> opposed to this principle.

 My Makefile.ti is currently still in flux.

 If you change or add a TI package, it may be necessary to modify Makefile.ti as well.  That's how I'm working now.  It should be possible to keep it compatible with the existing use cases.

> What if someone would really like the full xdctools for some reason?
> I think it'd be better to rename your package to something more
> specific, like xdctools-dep, or otherwise to have just one package but
> with two targets (with a different name, of course).

 Good point, I'll do that.

 Thank you for all your feedback!
 Regards,
 Arnout
--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540