[Buildroot] buildroot with SquashFS root file system

Emmanuel BOUAZIZ ebouaziz at neotion.com
Tue Dec 6 17:59:02 UTC 2011

On 12/06/2011 04:56 PM, Michael S. Zick wrote:
> SquashFS is a read-only file system.
>
> So which of the "device support" options did you choose?
> You'll need one that puts devices in something writable, like tmpfs.

Hi Michael,
thank you for your answer.

I'm not sure what you mean by "device support" options.
I enabled mdev and in the kernel's generic driver options, I checked "Maintain a devtmpfs filesystem to mount at /dev"
and "Automount devtmpfs at /dev after the kernel mounted the rootfs"

regards,

--
Emmanuel