[Buildroot] Make problem on 64-bit linux with CS 2009q1

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Dec 9 18:37:29 UTC 2011

Hello Guillaume,

Le Fri, 09 Dec 2011 09:47:16 +0100,
Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gardet at free.fr> a écrit :

> I tried a simple build (.config in attachment) on a 64-bit Linux
> (openSUSE 12.1) with CS 2009q1 toolchain (and last buildroot trunk)
> and some libs are built to output/target/usr/lib64/ so they are not
> found as dependencies. With the .config in attachment, you can try a
> build and check directfb config.log file and PNG lib and others are
> not found, so directfb is built without support for them. In the
> final image, they are also in usr/lib64 folder. It may be a problem
> for other packages.
>
> What could be the problem and how to solve it?

Yeah, we had report of issues with openSUSE. I guess it's the multilib
implementation in openSUSE that confuses Buildroot somehow. I need to
get my hand on an openSUSE system to debug this.

Can you easily provide me a basic chroot environment with openSUSE
installed in it, or point me to the documentation to set it up
(knowing, of course, that I don't have openSUSE installed here, so I
can't use openSUSE specific utilities to build the openSUSE chroot) ?

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons