[Buildroot] [RFC] Add systemd to buildroot

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Dec 20 06:49:10 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 23 November 2011 12:30:08 Maxime Ripard wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've been working for some time on adding systemd to buildroot in a nice way. It
> is now in a pretty nice state I guess, at least nice enough to send an RFC and
> get some review about the basic mechanics.

 You didn't get much comments, so I'll try to do some review.  No testing though.

> While the system should boot with systemd, for a reason unknown to me, udev
> doesn't take into account its rules, and don't tag the devices for systemd,
> which, in turn, doesn't expose a getty.

 This is of course a show-stopper for inclusion.  People expect the git
HEAD to work.

> Another problem is that I still have some sysv init scripts added to the
> filesystem through the skeleton. Since it is completely static, I don't find a
> good way around this problem. Maybe we don't care. I don't know.

 I guess you mean the S20urandom and S40network in the skeleton?  For the
moment, I don't think it's a problem to leave them there.  To fix it, you
could include a target-install hook that removes them (which obviously still
leaves the init scripts installed by other packages, but that should be
fixed separately per package).

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540