[Buildroot] First day with buildroot

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Feb 17 13:07:38 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Quotient" == Quotient Remainder <quotientvremainder at gmail.com> writes:

 Quotient> Ar Céad, 2011-02-16 at 20:12 -0800, Charles Krinke wrote:
 Quotient>     Below are the last half dozen lines of my first compile with buildroot. I
 Quotient>     set it up for a powerpc architecture and selected almost all the defaults,
 Quotient>     changing only things like ext2 to jffs2 file system. I did select the
 Quotient>     "general" for sub-architecture (as opposed to say, e300c2).
 Quotient>     /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
 Quotient>     --

 Quotient> "sudo yum install glibc-static"
 Quotient> You need the static C library to build host-module-init-tools

Indeed. Notice that this is a FAQ:

http://buildroot.net/buildroot.html#faq

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard