[Buildroot] No response after "Freeing init memory"

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Feb 22 18:25:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:06:34 +0100
Zdeněk Materna <zdenek.materna at gmail.com> wrote:

> -------------- inittab ---------------------------------------------------
>
> # /etc/inittab
> #
> # This inittab is a basic inittab sample for sysvinit, which mimics
> # Buildroot's default inittab for Busybox.

Aah, you have enabled sysvinit. Could you disable it, make clean &&
make, and retry ?

Busybox already contains a default init, and it's the one most of us
test and use on a daily basis.

I've written this sysvinit inittab not long ago, it was working for me,
but it definitely does not receive as much testing as the sysvinit one
gets.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons