[Buildroot] Problem building avahi

Andreas Stahl a.stahl at wsa-electronic.de
Thu Jan 6 11:11:26 UTC 2011

Hello Thomas

> This path seems to indicate that you might be running Buildroot as
> root. You should not do this.

I build in /usr/buildroot-2010.11 for some historical reason, but not as
root. The buildroot directory belongs to the devel group and i'm a
member of this group.

> And in fact I think it's precisely because you're building somewhere
> in /usr that things break. In order to workaround libtool oddness, we
> have a mechanism in Buildroot that modifies .la files by replacing:
>
> /usr
>
> by
>
> $(STAGING_DIR)/usr

Ok, I now extracted buildroot to /opt/buildroot-2010.11 and everything
works now. Thanks for that hint!

Hmm, the uImage now is in output/images and got not copied to
output/target/boot/ and is not in the rootfs.tar ?

Thanks, Andreas