[Buildroot] Problem building avahi

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jan 6 11:32:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 12:11:26 +0100
"Andreas Stahl" <a.stahl at wsa-electronic.de> wrote:

> I build in /usr/buildroot-2010.11 for some historical reason, but not
> as root. The buildroot directory belongs to the devel group and i'm a
> member of this group.

Ok, good. At least this has exhibited an interesting bug of Buildroot
that we'll have to fix.

> Ok, I now extracted buildroot to /opt/buildroot-2010.11 and everything
> works now. Thanks for that hint!

Great.

> Hmm, the uImage now is in output/images and got not copied to
> output/target/boot/ and is not in the rootfs.tar ?

No. On non-x86 embedded systems it's not very usual to have the kernel
image *inside* the root filesystem. It's usually flashed separatly from
the root filesystem image.

However, if there is demand for such a feature, we could certainly add
an option to the kernel build process.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons