[Buildroot] Problem building avahi

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Jan 6 12:33:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

 >> I build in /usr/buildroot-2010.11 for some historical reason, but not
 >> as root. The buildroot directory belongs to the devel group and i'm a
 >> member of this group.

 Thomas> Ok, good. At least this has exhibited an interesting bug of Buildroot
 Thomas> that we'll have to fix.

Yeah.

 >> Hmm, the uImage now is in output/images and got not copied to
 >> output/target/boot/ and is not in the rootfs.tar ?

 Thomas> No. On non-x86 embedded systems it's not very usual to have the kernel
 Thomas> image *inside* the root filesystem. It's usually flashed separatly from
 Thomas> the root filesystem image.

 Thomas> However, if there is demand for such a feature, we could certainly add
 Thomas> an option to the kernel build process.

For such a special situation, I would prefer to we tell users to do it
with BR2_ROOTFS_POST_BUILD_SCRIPT instead.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard