[Buildroot] FW: Festival on Buildroot

Jon Ambrose jonathan.ambrose at live.uwe.ac.uk
Fri Jan 14 11:39:59 UTC 2011

Thomas,

Would there be any chance of adding in esd? / How can I go about adding it
if it's not possible?

Thanks,

Jon

Hello,

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 18:55:08 +0000

Jon Ambrose <jonathan.ambrose at live.uwe.ac.uk> wrote:

> I am trying to get festival compiled by Buildroot, but having no luck

> what so ever. Has anyone got this running?

> I keep on getting errors complaining about linking

> to ../lib/libestools.so libestbase.so "cannot find -lesd"

Well, obviously,  libesd wasn't compiled before festival. And it seems

we don't even have a package for it in Buildroot. So it looks like a

package needs to be created to build the ESD library.

It's a bit odd though, since I remember building festival maybe about a

year ago, and I think it was a least building. But from a quick look,

it really seems to depend on esd.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons

I am trying to get festival compiled by Buildroot, but having no luck what
so ever. Has anyone got this running?

I keep on getting errors complaining about linking to ../lib/libestools.so
libestbase.so "cannot find -lesd"

I would really appreciate some help on this one, I have been browsing the
web continuously, and recompiling different options.

Best regards,

Jon