[Buildroot] freetype: fix for multilib toolchain

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Jan 14 14:44:30 UTC 2011

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:47:54 +0100
Bjørn Forsman <bjorn.forsman at gmail.com> wrote:

> AFAIK, ld does not have an "-march" option (just looked at the man page).
> So I'd say that it is the freetype (and sshd?) package that needs to be fixed
> (and not BR) because they are using LDFLAGS wrong.

I clearly overlooked this, and I think you're correct.

So, as I said in another e-mail, I think ld does allows to choose
between different ld variants. So the link should always be done with
gcc, which then drives ld, giving it the correct path to the
appropriate libraries and runtime.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons