[Buildroot] ARM cores

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Jan 24 20:06:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

 Thomas> Instead of having the list of gazillions ARM SoC, we could also
 Thomas> extend a bit our architecture-specific options:

 Thomas>  * Has NEON support ?
 Thomas>    shown only if > ARMv7 is selected

 Thomas>  * Floating point type (with a choice of soft-float, VFPv2, VFPv3)

 Thomas>  * Floating point ABI (soft, softfp, hard)

 Thomas> But it means that the user needs more knowledge on the details of the
 Thomas> ARM SoC he is using. But it's probably the only realistic solution.

Yes, agreed.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard