[Buildroot] [git commit master 1/1] crosstool-ng: don't remove installation directory before installing

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Tue Jan 25 21:28:23 UTC 2011

Peter, All,

On Tuesday 25 January 2011 22:07:14 Peter Korsgaard wrote:
> crosstool-ng would normally delete its installation directory before
> installing the toolchain to ensure it wouldn't get confused by an earlier
> build. Now that we're installing directly into HOST_DIR/usr, this doesn't
> work very well - So get rid of the rm's.

Too late, but:
Acked-by: me

But anyway, I would like to carry as few patches against crosstool-NG as
possible in buildroot, and push as much as possible into upstream.

If you would rework that to be configurable, I would apply it, so it gets
in the next release.

As I plan to update the crosstool-NG backend during the next BDD in
Brussels, it means we could then get rid of that patch in buildroot.

And if you have patches against crosstool-NG, and they are not BR-related,
could you Cc: me (and the crossgcc ML) so I can apply them upstream? Thx.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.