[Buildroot] [git commit master 1/1] Use sys-root rather than sysroot for the sysroot/staging_dir

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jan 25 21:50:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 22:39:36 +0100
"Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr> wrote:

> As Thomas said on IRC, I would suggest to revert this. Is there anything
> in BR that depends on the sysroot being named 'sysroot' or 'sys-root' at all,
> or was that just an eye-candy change? (genuine question)

Just for the record, my preference for "sysroot" instead of "sys-root"
is because all sysroot-related options in gcc use the "sysroot"
spelling and not "sys-root" :

 -print-sysroot
 -print-sysroot-headers-suffix
 --sysroot

And all gcc documentation refers to it as the "sysroot" :

`-print-sysroot'
     Print the target sysroot directory that will be used during
     compilation.  This is the target sysroot specified either at
     configure time or using the `--sysroot' option, possibly with an
     extra suffix that depends on compilation options.  If no target
     sysroot is specified, the option prints nothing.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons