[Buildroot] ccache valgrind build errors / disabling ccache per package

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Jul 12 20:31:55 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Williams <mike at mikebwilliams.com> writes:

 Mike> All,
 Mike> I'm working on updating the valgrind package based on a couple of
 Mike> other patches floating around. However, I get the following error when
 Mike> compiling:

 Mike> /opt/buildroot/buildroot-git/output/host/usr/bin/ccache: invalid option -- t

 Mike> Manually editing the Makefiles to remove ccache usage results in the
 Mike> compile succeeding. Googling has not revealed an obvious solution to
 Mike> this problem. Any advice?

probably something isn't quoting TARGET_CC correctly. With ccache
TARGET_CC is "ccache cross-gcc".

Notice that I yesterday merged a patch from Thomas to update valgrind.

 Mike> As a side question, is there a flag for disabling ccache per package?

No, and I would rather fix problems if any rather than adding such a
workaround.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard