[Buildroot] a special ramdisk

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:56:43 UTC 2011

Gentlemen:

I'm looking for a little advice on a non-buildroot issue. An answer of
RTFM would be fine but a URL for the FM would help.

I need to use 2MByte of battery backed SRAM in my PPC8321 design
running Linux built with buildroot. The requirement is that this SRAM
have a file system on it so that programs can
open()/read(),write(),close(). The RAM is at a specific address and I
can map it into memory just above the main DDRRAM.

So, the question is:  "Is there a way to create a ramdisk at a
specific address, perhaps using /dev/mem, mmap and other utilities?"

If I had a couple of google search terms that lead to some clues where
someone else has solved a similar problem, that would help.

--
Charles Krinke