[Buildroot] Can't boot with 2011.05

Sam Nazarko samnazarko at stmteam.com
Tue Jul 26 19:50:21 UTC 2011

Since the 2011.05 Buildroot release I've not been able to get a bootable
system even with the simplest of options and I haven't a clue why. In
2011.02 if I was to have some simple options of a i386 build platform
targeting i686 to generate an initramfs system (everything else default,
kernel with i386 defconfig) the system would boot fine in QEMU or VirtualBox
and give me a login prompt. Trying a similar approach on 2011.05 either
chucks a "Adjusting TSC clocksource" and hang or a "ip used greatest stack
depth" and hang. I assume this is not the actual cause of the hang but what
I see before the problem, which I think is to do with mounting the root file
system.

I am wondering what's changed that might be causing this,

Thanks

Sam