[Buildroot] /tmp puzzle

ANDY KENNEDY ANDY.KENNEDY at adtran.com
Mon Jul 11 21:06:44 UTC 2011

> I need to ask a slighly different question in my desire to
> understand
> what is going on.

the config should be something like:
CONFIG_SHMEM=y
# CONFIG_DEVTMPFS is not set
# CONFIG_SENSORS_TMP102 is not set
# CONFIG_SENSORS_TMP401 is not set
# CONFIG_SENSORS_TMP421 is not set
CONFIG_TMPFS=y
CONFIG_TMPFS_POSIX_ACL=y

These two options are found in the following two locations:
General setup  --->
  [*] Configure standard kernel features (for small systems)  --->
    -*-   Use full shmem filesystem

File systems  --->
  Pseudo filesystems  --->
    -*- Virtual memory file system support (former shm fs)

Earlier, you posted something about CONFIG_DEVTMPFS, but that
is not the same thing as CONFIG_TMPFS.

HTH,
Andy