[Buildroot] how BR download the linux kernel now

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jul 13 14:14:51 UTC 2011

Le Wed, 13 Jul 2011 09:31:10 -0400,
raymond zhao <raymond.zhao.ml at gmail.com> a écrit :

> That's great. I will definitely check it. If we solved this problem. I
> believe BR will be #1 choice for most embedded linux projects.

Thanks. I indeed think that this feature would be a really nice
addition to Buildroot. I miss it in many of the projects for which I
use Buildroot.

For the moment, my workaround is to not use Buildroot to build the part
of the system I'm actively working on. When I'm doing kernel
development, I build the kernel outside of Buildroot. When I develop an
application, I build the application outside of Buildroot. Buildroot is
here to build all the rest, and to provide a reproducible mechanism to
build the final system image.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons