[Buildroot] Depending on uClibc configuration variables

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jul 13 14:31:05 UTC 2011

Le Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:26:22 +0200,
Daniel Mack <zonque at gmail.com> a écrit :

> The thing is that I have been teaching new DNS lookup functions to
> libuClibc which will be built depending on a new config variable
> switch. The puropose for this is to make connman build in buildroot,
> and I have it running here already. However, to prevent breakage, I
> would like to depend on this new uClibc configuration directive, so
> people can't select the new package unless they have a recent uClibc
> with this new option selected. How would I do this?

Either we decide that this option doesn't add too much overhead to
uClibc, and we integrate it to the default uClibc configuration we
ship. Or, we create yet another toolchain config knob that connman can
depend on, and which would tune the uClibc configuration when enabled.

What is the binary size impact of having your option enabled in uClibc ?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons