[Buildroot] BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LIB and external toolchain

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Jul 25 20:16:36 UTC 2011

>>>>> "ANDY" == ANDY KENNEDY <ANDY.KENNEDY at adtran.com> writes:

 ANDY> When I select both PREFER_STATIC and external toolchain, I get .so's
 ANDY> copied to the RFS from the external toolchain.  Would it cause anyone
 ANDY> any heartburn if I we make the install to target dependant on
 ANDY> PREFER_STATIC?  I'll do up the patches, I just want to know if that
 ANDY> would upset anyone before I send out the patch ;).

Yes, I noticed as well today. Unfortunately it isn't as simple as making
copy_toolchain_lib_root a noop with static linking, as E.G. glibc afaik
still needs libnss*.so* in the target rootfs when static linking is
used.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard