[Buildroot] How do I configure crosstool-NG when built from in buildroot?`

Will Moore will.moore at beraninstruments.com
Tue Jun 7 14:28:25 UTC 2011

I am using buildroot2011.05 to build using crosstool-NG an i486 glibc toolchain.

The default crosstool-ng.config-glibc provided in buildroot builds glibc 2.9
against 2.6.38.4 kernel headers, I am "stuck" on 2.6.29.6 kernel as the latest
kernel supported by the SoC manufacturer.

On boot I get a "FATAL: kernel too old" on boot followed by a "Kernel panic -
not syncing: Attempted to kill init!" which I assume is because my kernel build
is too old for the glibc built by crosstool-NG.

What is the right way to reconfigure crosstool-NG when built from within
buildroot?

Regards,

Will