[Buildroot] [Feature Request] script to run after build completion

Alper Yıldırım yildirimalper at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:40:14 UTC 2011

Hello,

A feature i want to see in buildroot is to have a post build script to
run after image creation process, in other words just before "make"
returns to console. This way i can put my post build commands inside
this script. It will definitely ease my buildroot usage.

Some examples to put in this script are:

- Printing some king of a "build completed" message,
- Printing build time,
- Nfs directory creation from rootfs.tar file,
- Copying necessary images to some other locations,
- Playing some sound when build is completed.

Also, it will be nice to pass a build failed/completed parameter to
this script, so different actions could be taken, (i.e. different
sounds could be played)

What do you think about this Thomas?

Cheers
Alper