[Buildroot] Issue with pthread_mutex_lock with external toolchain

Dwi Sasongko Supriyadi ruckuus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:09:31 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Dwi Sasongko Supriyadi
<ruckuus at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I am testing pcscd of pcsc-lite and I got segmentation fault, following is
> the gdb backtrace:
>
> # gdb /usr/sbin/pcscd
> GNU gdb 6.8
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <
> http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
> and "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi"...
> (no debugging symbols found)
> (gdb) run --foreground --debug --apdu
> Starting program: /usr/sbin/pcscd --foreground --debug --apdu
> (no debugging symbols found)
> (no debugging symbols found)
> (no debugging symbols found)
> (no debugging symbols found)
> (no debugging symbols found)
> (no debugging symbols found)
> (no debugging symbols found)
> debuglog.c:277:DebugLogSetLevel() debug level=debug
> debuglog.c:306:DebugLogSetCategory() Debug options: APDU
> pcscdaemon.c:550:main() pcsc-lite 1.7.2 daemon ready.
> [New LWP 1183]

> [Switching to LWP 1183]
> 0x400624e8 in pthread_mutex_lock () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
> (gdb)
>

> Has anyone faced the same issue in the past and came up with solution?

I felt that my previous message doesn't have any detail info. Sorry for
that.

Herewith I came back with better info

1. PCSC-lite support patch is on the way, I will submit once the testing
completed, I would love to share with anyone who interested in
2. Buildroot version: buildroot-2011.02 from git
3. External toolchain from Code Sourcery 2010.09
4. Running kernel on the target linux-2.6.28.6

I also tried to rebuild everything using buildroot toolchain with linux
headers 2.6.37.2, but there is no change.

I suspect that the root cause is the running kernel on the target taking
into account using different toolchain (and different pthread library) there
is no difference.

I really appreciate any feedback/suggestion from all of you.

Thanks in advance,