[Buildroot] device_table & /dev/shm

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 17:51:19 UTC 2011

Please bear with me as I try to understand a couple of concepts. My
experience has mostly been in kernel drivers and this application level
setup is not completely understood by me.

I would appreciate understanding more the two concepts of a) overriding
target/generic/device_table. txt so I can understand how the mounted jffs2
became different then the contents of output/target/dev and the b) How we
get from what appears to be the default /etc/fstab mounting tmpfs to one
where we mount /dev/shm instead in our application space.

Is there a busybox config setup for /dev/shm? I went through the busybox
menuconfig this morning and I don't see one.

Charles