[Buildroot] 2011.02 pkg-config problems?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Mar 10 11:17:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

 Joe> {TARGET}/home/MYBUILDUSERNAME/PATH/TO/BUILD/FOLDER/ON/HOST/MARCHINE/\
 Joe>   ./output/host/usr/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/sysroot/usr/\
 Joe>   ./share/fonts/X11/100dpi ...and so on

 Joe> Has any else experienced this?

 Joe> I'm fairly certain its due to the bumping of pkg-config and
 Joe> tweaks to it's --sysroot patches.

 Joe> Any ideas about what to do?

Thanks for reporting this. The problem is that pkg-config doesn't have
any explicit support for cross compilation, so we have to guess if a
given variable refers to a target path or a host path. For this specific
problem you could work around it by passing an explicit
--with-fontrootdir=/usr/share/fonts/X11 to the configure step of the
xfonts packages, but I have fixed pkg-config in git to only prepend the
sysroot location when the includedir + libdir variables are requested,
and not all variables like we did for 2011.02:

http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=117a8ea0eaabe

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard