[Buildroot] Adding owfs to buildroot fails with "cannot find /lib//libc.so.0"

Anders Darander anders.darander at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:46:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

It's been a while since I added packages to buildroot (mostly working
on OE nowadays).

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 15:36, Pär Degerman <par at degerman.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to add owfs to buildroot, but I'm having problems with the
> compile. I have added a new package named owfs with files below. I
> also added owfs to package/Config.in.
>
> When I try to compile it fails with the error message:
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find /lib//libc.so.0
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

To me it looks like the host ld and /lib. Is it building a native-version?
Do the configure step run OK?

> OWFS_CONF_ENV = LDFLAGS="-L$(STAGING_DIR)/lib -L$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib"

To me, it looks like this line is giving you you're problems.

What linking problems are you trying to avoid by that line?

Regards,
Anders