[Buildroot] Buildroot in use

Steve Calfee stevecalfee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:17:16 UTC 2011

On 03/17/11 06:53, Heyendal, Carl wrote:
> If starting from scratch, downloading and building 2 Buildroots (one for the toolchain, and the other for the rest of the stuff) sounds reasonable. But refining the notion a bit more, if you have already built the entire Buildroot tree like I have done already, is it possible to break off the toolchain leg of the tree and move it somewhere else. Then of course configure the external toolchain option after that.
>
> /carl

I believe that the gcc that you have built has a few built-in paths, so
you cannot just move the compiler stuff to another file tree.

What you can do is the second part of my suggestion, just create another
buildroot tree and point its external toolchain to the one you now have
built. It will leave some garbage in the original tree, but disk space
is pretty cheap. In the new tree you will have faster make clean;
make.... cycles since the external toolchain will not be deleted.

Regards, Steve