[Buildroot] Buildroot in use

Steve Calfee stevecalfee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 21:50:03 UTC 2011

On 03/17/11 12:42, Heyendal, Carl wrote:
> Makes sense.
>
> Another thing I have noticed that is frustrating is that a 'make clean' acts more like 'make distclean' and therefore you lose any configuration changes you have previously made.
>
> As a work around, can I copy the relevant .configs before the 'make clean' and add them back once the rebuild is complete (assumed that I need to delete the .stamp_compiled files as well)?
>
> /carl h.

Hi Carl,

Please don't top post and trim stuff after your message.

Yes, "make clean" destroys buildroot's .config. I have a "bsp" type
directory with stuff specifically for the project I am working on. I do
a sym-link from configs/beagleboard_defconfig to my bsp config. Then
after a make clean I do a "make beagleboard_defconfig" to copy in my
saved configuration. I also put the linux and u-boot and whatever
configs in my bsp and point to the appropriate config in the buildroot
.config. Dont forget to update your bsp config whenever you change
buildroot with a make menuconfig.

Regards, Steve