[Buildroot] 2011.02, BeagleBoard-xM, linux-2.6.37 does not boot

Torsten Mohr tmohr at s.netic.de
Mon Mar 21 21:43:38 UTC 2011

Hello,

thank you for your hints,

> > Not sure if i missed something, some questions came up:
> >
> > - does buildroot use the correct kernel for BeagleBoard-xM?
> > - do i need to apply patches?
> > - what configuration file do i need to chose?
> > - does u-boot need special options to boot that kernel?
> >
> > It would be great if anybody had some hints for me.
>
> Maybe you need setenv console=/dev/ttyO2

When configuring the kernel i found out that this is actually set as the
internal CMDLINE.

Also (other hint), the kernel debugging options in the kernel are set.

I compiled a kernel today and i can boot it, it does not boot using the
standard scripts that came with the Angstroem distro.

When interrupting standard boot and giving:

mmc init
mmc rescan 0
loaduimage
bootm 0x82000000