[Buildroot] problems compiling crosstools-ng

chris at basementcode.com chris at basementcode.com
Tue Mar 22 14:24:39 UTC 2011

 I'm not sure if this belongs in the crosstools mailing list, or the
 buildroot mailing list, so sorry if this in the wrong place.

 I'm having a fair amount of trouble compiling the crosstools-ng
 toolchain.

 I just wanted to post the errors that I was unable to get around while
 compiling with various versions of buildroot.

 buildroot-2010.11:
 m4 gives and error and says "--gnu" is not a valid option.
 I have m4-1.4.15 installed, and the man page says that --gnu is valid.
 Does buildroot have another copy of m4?

 buildroot-2011.02:
 during the configure stage of binutils the configure script spawns the
 following process over and over until swap is filled and the system
 crashes:
 makeinfo --force --force --force --force --force --force --force
 --force --force --force --force  ......
 Same for the latest git version.

 I left the make menuconfig options as default, except to pick an arm
 target and the crosstools-ng toolchain with glibc.
 I'm running gentoo as a distro.

 If anybody has encountered and solved these problems before, please let
 me know.

 thanks,

 -Chris