[Buildroot] Strange behavior in mount with tmpfs

Carlos Alberto Diaz Gonzalez O. cadgo.root at gmail.com
Mon May 2 02:12:03 UTC 2011

Hi Everybody,
I’m testing buildroot for a personal project and is a really good tool
thanks to all people that is doing it possible.
At this moment I’m testing in a virtual machine a filesystem built
with buildroot , but I’m observing an odd behavior when I try to mount
some tmpfs all of these are being mounted in the /tmp, although my
fstab is configured to mount in other way this filesystems
Maybe someone in this list can help me to find an answer to fix it or
a way to correct it. The version used to build my environment was the
buildroot-2011.02.

# cat /etc/fstab
/dev/sda5       /              ext3	rw,noauto         0      1
/dev/sda6	/etc	       ext3     rw,auto,nodev,noexec,remount 0	0
proc		/proc	       proc     defaults	  0	 0
devpts		/dev/pts       devpts   defaults,gid=5,mode=620	  0	 0
sysfs		/sys	       sysfs    defaults	  0	 0
tmpfs	/var/run	tmpfs	rw,size=128k,nodev,nosuid  0   0
tmpfs	/var/tmp	tmpfs	defaults 	0   0
tmpfs	/var/log	tmpfs	rw,size=20m,nodev,nosuid  0   0
tmpfs	/var/lock	tmpfs	rw,nodev,nosuid	 0   0

# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec)
none on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,gid=5,mode=620)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)
/dev/sda5 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=continue,data=ordered)
/dev/sda6 on /etc type ext3 (rw,errors=continue,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
Regards