[Buildroot] PREEMPT_RT patched kernel halts at the end of booting up process

Hu, Yanli Yanli.Hu at philips.com
Mon May 2 15:25:22 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've been using buildroot kernel on a AT91RM9200 board and it has been working well. Recently I applied kernel PREEMPT_RT patch to get better interrupt latency and rebuilt the kernel. The kernel halted at the very end of the booting up process:

Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 192.168.0.80
Looking up port of RPC 100005/1 on 192.168.0.80
VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem) on device 0:11.
Freeing init memory: 92K

I used statically linked "hello world" application to replace /sbin/init and it was not called. Everything else was kept the same as the previous kernel. Even if I disabled the PREEMPT_RT feature in the patched the kernel, the kernel still halted at the same place. I couldn't figure out why.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

--yhu