[Buildroot] modules.conf <hunnh?>

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Wed May 4 17:38:31 UTC 2011

I'm a little confused this morning in trying to work out how to load modules
at startup with a buildroot created busybox rootfs.

I *thought* all that was required to load modules was to create a
"/etc/modules.conf" file and list the kernel modules to load in it.

But, now I *think* that there needs to be an "rc" reference somewhere to
trigger the loading of modules.

A google sends me around "rc.modules" and "rc.local", neither of which exist
in busybox, I I *buess* that we have a somewhat simplified model for loading
modules on startup.

So, I *believe* I can explicitly put each "modprobe" in rcS, but I wonder if
there is a more-proper way to do it in busybox?

--
Charles Krinke