[Buildroot] Codesourcery multi-lib selection in buildroot

Matias Garcia mgarcia at rossvideo.com
Wed May 4 20:52:08 UTC 2011

I'm building an OS for a PowerPC e500v2 core. Originally, I used a stock
buildroot toolchain (uclibc), but was not able to optimize a
time-critical section of our application. With the CodeSourcery
compiler, I am. Unfortunately, even setting -te500v2 in the buildroot
optimizations (and hacking it into the TARGET_LDFLAGS) doesn't fix all
cases. Certain packages within buildroot seem to link against the wrong
library (linker complains that one library is compiled with hard-float
and another with soft-float, etc). Is there a way to tell buildroot (or
Make in general) to always link against a certain library set?

Cheers,
Matias
--
	*Matias Garcia*