[Buildroot] u-boot compiler issue

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue May 17 07:01:30 UTC 2011

Hello,

On Thu, 12 May 2011 16:17:55 +0200
Yegor Yefremov <yegor_sub1 at visionsystems.de> wrote:

> I was building u-boot with buildroots created toolchain. Everything was working except
> that pointer passed via r8 was not writable (RAM was not configured
> etc.).

Could you give more details about this analysis ?

> But if the same code was compiled with CodeSourcery everything
> was working. Here gcc configuration from buidroot:

Does the U-Boot compilation fails, or the compilation works but U-Boot
fails to run on the device ? If it's the latter, then which version of
U-Boot are you using ? Only recent versions of U-Boot work well with
gcc 4.5.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons