[Buildroot] Slow boots caused by ca520507fc15a8213334a76339a3e6d567e91ea0 (udev, inittab)

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu May 19 11:59:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

 >> Do you have devtmpfs + mount enabled in your kernel? (DEVTMPFS +
 >> DEVTMPFS_MOUNT). If you do so, /dev is already a tmpfs.

 Diego> It seems not. The sad thing is that I cannot even recompile the
 Diego> kernel, since the n00bs who engineered this crap did not think about
 Diego> updating the kernel from remote... and we have a few of them in the
 Diego> wild.

Argh - Then your best bet is probably to add a local hack to mount a
tmpfs on /dev before starting udev.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard