[Buildroot] Fwd: How to enable Oprofile while using external tool chain?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed May 25 09:53:08 UTC 2011

Hello Benoît,

Please keep the Buildroot list in Cc for Buildroot-related messages
(or, alternatively, use french for send me private messages ! :-)).

On Wed, 25 May 2011 11:40:10 +0200
Benoît Mauduit <benoit.mauduit at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Your patch says that it builds a host-binutils, but it's wrong:
> > what it builds is binutils for the target.
>
> That's why I put quotes on "host" in my commit message.

Yes, that's what I understood from your quotes.

> > Otherwise, would be great to have a proper patch that makes this
> > possible, and that we could merge into Buildroot.
>
> I've made this patch quickly and know it is ugly. Anyway, i will try
> to update it when i have the time and post it here.

No problem with ugly preliminary patches. I do the same for new
features / complex features. And solving that binutils problem is not
that simple.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons