[Buildroot] How to generete initramfs inside kernel img.

Paulo Carvalho Silva psilva at opensoftware-br.com
Thu May 26 21:50:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am using buildroot-2011-02, without a problem, the tools is the best
one, because I tryied a several others.

I want to generate initramfs inside the kernel image, but I searched how
to do that, and the unique information found, is the setup of initramfs
into the kernel's config file, but buildroot always generate it in a
separate file.

I got a kernel image with initramfs inside it, but using another
method,I downloaded kernel sources, patched it, configured it and
compiled it, but I want to use buildroot for all steps, bootstrap,
u-boot and kernel.

Best regards.

Paulo