[Buildroot] adding libgphoto2

Niall Parker stuff at pender.dnsalias.net
Mon May 30 06:20:35 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've been using buildroot 2011.02 and was trying to libgphoto2 and was
following the howto in the docs (also copying the libusb Config.in and
.mk with tweaks). Unfortunately it wasn't a trivial task and it is
complaining it needs libltdl ...

> checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
> checking ltdl.h usability... no
> checking ltdl.h presence... no
> checking for ltdl.h... no
> checking that we can compile and link with libltdl... no
> configure: error: cannot compile and link against libltdl
> libgphoto2 requires libltdl (the libtool dl* library),
> but cannot compile and link against it.
> Aborting.

I have enabled libtool in the package selection but evidently the
autoconf isn't finding it. Any suggestions on where to start ?

Thanks.

                         ... Niall