[Buildroot] Future...TOOLCHAIN builds..

Vellemans, Noel Noel.Vellemans at visionBMS.com
Mon Nov 7 15:07:35 UTC 2011

Hi all,

While following the discussions on the buildroot mailing list, I saw
that for the next releases the CROSSTOOL-NG toolchain will be used as
default, so a started to experiment with the CROSSTOOL-NG buildroot
toolchain (this morning).

Until now.. U used the buildroot to generate a 'cross-toolchain', even
'worse'; I used buildroot to generate 2 toolchains.
	A) One running on LINUX
	B) One running on top of CYGWIN (for the less Linux-minded
colleagues)

Which was quite easy to do... until now.

1) Will this also be possible for the CROSSTOOL-NG toolchain that is
build with buildroot?
2) Another question that pops-up when building a CROSSTOOL-NG toolchain,
is that I'm not able to select a toolchain with ARM-VECTOR-floating
point support is this correct?

Kind regards,
Noel.

NOTE: Of the record, the buildroot-CYGWIN-toolchain build was working
until some weeks ago (for me), in the current git-tree this is not
working anymore ( build troubles into mpc/mpfr and gmp), without looking
to much in detail (I think) it has to do with  'another' way of naming
libs 'libxxxxx' on Linux vs 'cygxxxxxxx' on cygwin!