[Buildroot] How to add share/zoneinfo to my Linux target

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Nov 15 21:25:07 UTC 2011

Le Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:29:14 -0500,
"Thireos, Mike" <mthireos at vanteon.com> a écrit :

> We are using buildroot with linux  2.6.31 and glibc to build for our
> target platform. I see the zoneinfo directory in the staging folder,
> but I can't seem to find any configuration option to get it into my
> target file system. I also tried adding it to the skeleton folder
> with no luck.

There is no dedicated option to do that. However, Buildroot provides
you with the BR2_POST_BUILD_SCRIPT option, which can be set to the path
to a script that gets executed after all packages have been installed
but *before* the root filesystem images are generated.

Therefore, you can write a custom script that makes various
modifications on the target root filesystem, including copying the
zoneinfo informations.

See http://elinux.org/images/2/2a/Using-buildroot-real-project.pdf for
more details on using the post build script, and example of usage.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons